Our energy sector practice encompasses the various segments of the industry − electricity, alternative energy and infrastructure, and oil and gas, and all relevant cross-disciplinary legal areas. In this rapidly changing field, we work with traditional fossil-fuel and cogeneration facilities, as well as with clients owning or seeking to own solar, hydroelectric, geothermal, biomass, LNG, wind, other renewable, and nuclear energy projects.
We have considerable experience in the acquisition and divestiture of energy assets and the development and financing of energy infrastructure projects in Iran. We understand the Iran electricity markets and are well versed in the rules, regulations and industry developments that will have an impact on our clients’ businesses. Our attorneys are leaders in the developing legal issues related to global climate change. We collaborate across our firm to offer comprehensive legal advice relating to project finance, international arbitration, antitrust, mergers and acquisitions, and environmental issues.
Our experience includes strategic joint ventures, project development and financings, reserve-based lending, M&A, asset finance, Islamic finance, bank finance, product sales, intellectual property, capital markets, trade, competition law, real estate, dispute resolution and construction and engineering as matters arise across every stage of the oil and gas value chain.
We have a broad outlook in the sector. Our lawyers are able to handle all legal aspects of a project from inception to completion, including:
- Obtaining or granting access to upstream acreage
- Developing upstream bid rounds
- Buy back contracts & Iran Petroleum Contracts (IPC)
- Assessing, implementing and financing field development
- Concession agreements
- Dispute resolution in every forum
- Full range of agreements with contractors and third parties, including EPC and other construction agreements
- Navigating global antitrust issues, including in the United States and EU
- Developing and implementing tax efficient structures
- Completing strategic acquisitions and divestitures
Joint venturing across the value chain