Financial institutions face a wide range of strategic, operational and legal challenges. In particular, shifting regulatory environments and global economic uncertainties challenge the approaches of these institutions in their local markets and internationally.
We offer comprehensive support for all business matters affecting financial institutions, including regulatory advice, transactions, disputes and investigations as well as legal assistance in day-to-day operations. Our clients include international banking organizations, investment banks, government-owned commercial and development banks, broker-dealers, investment advisers, investment funds, private equity and hedge funds, real estate investment funds, wealth funds, insurance companies, outsourcing and other third party service providers, and other key players in the financial industry sector.
Our clients trust us to help guide them through the most challenging multi jurisdictional issues across the spectrum of complex regulatory regimes. With our globally integrated team, we are well-positioned to address regulatory and legislative issues, including restrictions imposed on permissible non banking activities, proprietary trading, derivatives and investment fund activities, and regulatory capital, liquidity and other prudential requirements.
Working with our clients, we create sophisticated and innovative solutions to safeguard their assets, protect their reputations, develop new products and allow them to pursue their strategic and fiscal objectives with confidence.
We provide advice and counsel on a diverse range of matters including:
- Forms of business for conducting banking and non banking operations
- Regulatory compliance and supervisory matters
- Risk management
- Regulatory capital, liquidity and leverage requirements and other enhanced prudential requirements
- OFAC and other sanctions
- Lender liability and other commercial dispute resolution
- M&A transactions
- Debt and equity capital markets transactions
- Derivatives matters
- Structured, leverage and asset finance transactions
- Financial restructuring and insolvencies
- Antitrust and competition
- Executive compensation, benefits and employment
- Development and implementation of new products
- Payments processing and systems issues, including e-payments, cross-border remittances and foreign exchange transactions
- Consumer financial offerings, including prepaid cards, e-wallets and other cyber currencies
- We also represent groups of financial institutions as they support their own clients in the strategy and execution of various financial and corporate transactions, investments, workouts and insolvencies